Monday, April 6, 2009

Nit-Wit..no silly it's Twit twit!!


Twitter, twitter. I am currently working on a blog about twitter applications. I have never really played around with Twitter and I'm sure if I looked around more and played with it more I would become an obsessed whiz at it. But today I have found an application called Tweet Scan. It is really very remarkable. There are millions of tweeters out there and tons of information to be thrown around. How could I possibly get what I am looking for? Tweet Scan does just that. It simplifies your search and search time.


Say I am a high school student looking for help or information about a certain author or politician. So I go to http://www.tweetscan.com/ and enter in, for example, President Obama. This search then filters through the millions of "tweets" and finds posts and updates that are important to your search. When I typed in President Obama there were updates and links to follow Obama and different news reels. This can be very very helpful when students are asked to do Current Event topic in class. Students would be able to follow these news reels and report them back as well as give a reason they believe Obama or whoever they are following did their actions. You can also search my website or user if you know they have posted previous updates.


I believe this would be a helpful tool for any student who is looking for help or for information about a certain topic. Tweet scan is helpful for sorting out lots of information very quickly and painlessly for the user. GO TRY IT!

No comments:

Post a Comment